Beacon Lesson Plan Library
Santa Rosa District Schools
Using library resource materials, reference books, electronic media, and the Internet, students search for answers to questions.
The student locates, organizes, and interprets written information for a variety of purposes, including classroom research, collaborative decision making, and performing a school or real-world task.
The student uses a variety of reference materials, including indexes, magazines, newspapers, and journals, and tools, including card catalogs and computer catalogs, to gather information for research topics.
-Library reference materials
1. Add or delete any questions for the -Scavenger Hunt-.
2. Make copies of -Scavenger Hunt- for all students.
3. Arrange a time to take the class to the media center for research.
1. Explain the research assignment. Using library resource materials, reference books, electronic media, and the Internet, students will answer at least twenty of the questions on the -Scavenger Search-. (See attachment.)
2. Take the class to the media center for research.
3. Collect the results of the research assignment.
4. Evaluate studentsí findings, giving five points for each question answered correctly.
Evaluate studentsí findings (locating and interpreting), giving five points for each question answered correctly for a total grade of 100 points.
Teacher may add his or her own questions to the -Scavenger Search-.
The students seem to enjoy this assignment.
Scavenger Search Questions.
File Extension: pdf