Our Panama City volunteer fire department
was established in 1912 with Chief Leland
Caswell serving a total of 33 years with the
department. The fire "truck" of old has been
replaced with very sophisticated fire trucks.
A landmark and popular hotel since 1910,
the Pines Hotel at Sixth Street and Beach
Drive burned in 1932 from sparks that fell from
a roof flue.